Jun 16th, 2020
Dear Valued Members:
We hope you and your family are healthy and finding ways to stay fit. We know this has been a challenging time for everyone, so we would like to thank you for your ongoing patience. We continue to keep an eye on the Governor’s plan to safely begin to reopen and look forward to getting back to a regular routine.
We have been working behind the scenes to prepare for reopening and will be instituting several important new procedures designed to keep our members and staff safe and healthy.
Opening 6/22: Outdoor Pool and Outdoor Tennis Courts 8-11
Expected to open 6/29 with Phase III
- Fitness Center
- Summer Camp
- Indoor Tennis Courts
OUTDOOR POOL 6/22
The Outdoor Pool will be open during the following hours:
- Monday- Friday 5am-8pm (note the front desk will be open at 5:30am).
- Saturday & Sunday 7am-8pm.
- Lap Swim will be available 5am-10am M-F and 7am-10am Saturday and Sunday. Pre-registration will be required. Please reference our website for how to register.
- Family swim will be available from 11am-8pm M-F and 10am-8pm on Saturday and Sunday.
*NOTE: Capacity protocol for the Outdoor pool will be directed per the Board of Health and we will be adding to our existing continuous cleaning protocols with deep-cleaning and disinfecting processes routinely during the day and overnight.
Outdoor Pool Protocol:
- Members and guests will need to check in at the pool, wearing a mask. A mandatory health screening questionnaire will be conducted and noncontact temperature taken. This is in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- No mask is required while in the water.
- Pool chairs will be disinfected after each guest leaves for the day.
- Please communicate to staff when you and your family are departing to help expedite this process.
- Guest privileges will be suspended for the time-being to ensure member safety and a positive member experience.
- Bathrooms will be available, but no changing rooms, lockers or showers will be accessible. Showering will be used for pre-rinsing only.
- No towel service will be available.
- No shared floatation devices will be provided until further notice. Please bring own devices such as noodles, kickboards, etc.
- No swim lessons until further notice.
- No USA or Raiders swim team for the Summer. Expected to start in the Fall.
- Only 6 people per hour (1 person per lane) will be allowed to lap swim at any given time.
- No Group Exercise or Water Fitness until further notice. This is in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Use of playground must be supervised by parent/guardian.
OUTDOOR TENNIS 6/22
- Members and guests will need to check in at the main building, wearing a mask, to use the Outdoor Tennis Courts. A mandatory health screening questionnaire will be conducted and noncontact temperature taken. This is in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Members are not required to wear a mask while playing.
- Teaching tennis balls will not be available for member use (tennis balls will be available for sale at the front desk).
- No loaner racquets will be available.
- All rental racquets will be disinfected after each use.
- Information regarding ladders, in-house leagues, camps, lessons and clinics will be available after the week of 6/22.
According to Governor Baker, Phase III includes opening of our indoor fitness and tennis facilities on 6/29.Once confirmed, we are prepared to open both.
What to expect when using indoor facilities:
- Entrance to the fitness center will not be permitted. One-way entry will be implemented in the main building thru the front desk to ensure that every member and staff is screened.
- Members and guests will need to check in at the main building, wearing a mask. A mandatory health screening questionnaire will be conducted and noncontact temperature taken. This is in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Masks will be required, including during workouts.
- The workout area will be adjusted to ensure machines are at least 6 feet apart.
- Temporarily prohibiting Group Exercise, Kid’s Club (Babysitting), Showers, Sauna, Hot Tubs and Massage.
- Personal Training will be available.
- Restricting locker use to ensure there is a 6-foot minimum distance between in-use lockers (during this time showers will be unavailable).
- Outlining distancing on the floors of the club with arrows and line spacing.
- Providing all employees with masks to be worn at all times inside the club.
- Reminding employees and members to frequently wash their hands and utilize sanitizing stations.
We hope to see you in the club soon!
Westboro Tennis & Swim Management Team