Welcome to the Private Swim Lesson page at Westboro Tennis and Swim Club. Private swim lessons are offered to members on a first come, first serve basis. (We are unable to provide private swim lessons to non-members.) Private lessons tickets must be purchased in advance at the Front Desk, and handed to the instructor at the time of the lesson. Tickets may be purchased one at a time, or in a package. People often opt for private swim lessons in the following circumstances:
- If the times or available group classes do not fit your schedule.
- If the child is not appropriate for a group lesson, either due to an uncommon fear of the water or an inability to learn in the group setting.
- For parents who want their child to receive individual attention
- For adults who need stroke refinement or who are just looking to learn how to swim
Our private lesson scheduling works in the following manner:
- Each session of group lessons (we usually have 4 sessions during the indoor season) there will be a time set aside for private lessons; members may call the front desk to see those times and whether there is availability. The instructor is pre-assigned during those times and the lesson will be taught by one of the available instructors, i.e., requests of specific instructors are not possible. If one of those times works, you may signup, but you must purchase private lesson tickets before the first lesson.
- If the pre-arranged times do not work for you, you may use the form below to email us your private lesson request. Please fill out all fields. Once received by our Aquatics Department, we will try to match your request with available instructors. Please note that during certain times of the year, there may be hours where we cannot offer private lessons not only due to instructor scheduling, but due to pool usage. Please observe our current pool schedule for times of “open/family swim” for times more likely to be able to be matched. We cannot guarantee we will be able to match all requests immediately. In fact, it may take several days or more to coordinate with an instructor depending on your request. If you do not receive a response in 72 hours, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an update on your request.
All requests ultimately go to our Swim Lesson Coordinator, Alison Smith, at email@example.com. However, in order to track requests, please use this form.