The lifestyle of kid’s today is drastically different than it was 20 years ago. The days of endless wiffle ball games and bike rides have taken a back seat to texting and television. Childhood obesity has increased by four times over the past forty years and statistics show that 70% of our youth that are overweight now will be obese as adults. We offer a variety of programs to combat this challenge as well as provide a fun and stimulating environment to help your child develop a lifetime of healthy habits.
For children who are under 12, we offer a youth fitness Class Schedule with several options of fitness activity. Please check our current schedule for times and descriptions of programs. We have lots of options! See below for a summary of options we have for Youth Fitness.
If your child does express interest in working with a trainer, you might wonder what a trainer can do for your child. A good trainer can help your child find enjoyable activities while being taught the proper way to exercise for their age and goals. A trainer can also teach your child how to lift weights, resulting in more strength, protection from injuries, and higher self confidence. A trainer can help determine what your child’s capabilities are and teach your child how to exercise safely and effectively, and most importantly, establish good habits for a lifetime of fitness.
- 7-12: CrossFit Kids (Fee based classes)
- 8-12: Youth Fitness Classes (Included in basic fitness membership)
- 12-13: Fit for the Gym (By appointment with fitness staff)
- 8-13: Children may use select cardio (no treads/stairs) with a parent present
- 14+: May use the gym without restriction (it is suggested that a free program is setup by a fitness trainer)